WE MOVED to WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM
WE MOVED!! COME OVER FOR EVEN MORE GREAT IDEAS!

WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM


Sunday, April 4, 2010

Mini Monkey Bread

I had never eaten Monkey Bread until I married my husband. What a sad existence I was living up until then. I have been dying to make it ever since (for two years now!). I found a simplified recipe at Get Off Your Butt and Bake that was perfect because our freezer was being over powered by Rhodes Rolls. I didn’t have the Texas size rolls, just the dinner roll, but they worked just fine. I also made some MONSTER Mini Monkey Bread in my MONSTER muffin tin. My changes and thoughts are in { }. I didn’t make too many changes and we loved them. I don’t even know if they’ll make it 24 hours!

100_1445 100_1449

Mini Monkey Bread

12 Rhodes Dinner rolls thawed, but still cold
1 stick of butter, melted
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1 1/4 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon

Icing (I doubled this.)
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Cut each dinner roll into 6 equal pieces. In a bowl, combine butter and corn syrup and stir until well mixed. In another bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon and mix well. Dip each roll piece in the butter mixture and then in the sugar mixture. Place 6 pieces in each well sprayed cup of a 12 cup muffin tin {I just used cupcake liners}. Cover with sprayed plastic wrap and let double in size. (Watch them so they don’t rise too much!) Remove wrap and bake at 350°F 15-20 minutes. Combine icing ingredients and mix well. Drizzle over monkey breads if desired. {Lazy me, I just used a can of Cream Cheese Frosting.}

Cool at least 5 to 10 minutes before removing from pan, or they fall apart. {Still important even if you used cupcake liners!}

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE MOVED to WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM

WE MOVED to WWW.STUFF-BY-ASH.BLOGSPOT.COM